Thursday, September 3, 2015

I Still Have Crushes

These aren't the crushes we had in middle school 

But those were awesome, weren’t they? Passing notes, claiming you’re dating then break up, all without even talking to the person in question).

My crushes really fall under the adoration category:

My woman’s group – Its name and members will continue to remain anonymous. But these ladies are the best group I’ve ever been a part of. They embrace everyone unconditionally, they define the correct way to support your fellow females, and they are FUNNY!

Many of my female friendships have been based on cattiness. I remember a time I would judge everyone’s actions. I had one particular friend who would insult me and put me down constantly. She taught me to do the same to others. I can now step back and see how insecure that person was. I can also see how wrong it was to cast people aside without a second thought or possibly consider them as a part and potential impact on my life (BTW, I set that chick free. If you have someone in your life who makes you feel like sh*t, I suggest you do the same).

Brook Kreder – Holy crap is this chick awesome. Not because she is in fantastic shape, but because she celebrates every achievement she and others have. She has her own group, the Sole Sisters, who hold each other up when challenging themselves to complete Iron Mans, Marathons, even 5K. My bestie Trena is a part of that group (Trena is a whole other crush, but I’ve celebrated her already here. She also has an eBook that is pretty awesome).

I get Brook’s weekly emails. Every time I find something that inspires me or touches my heart. But the last two have been particularly moving. The first one was titled WHO YOU ARE IS ALREADY ENOUGH. An excerpt:

You see, at the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter how far you can run, bike, swim or row…

… it doesn’t matter how strong you are, how much you weigh or don’t, how committed you are, how much you want and/or train for your goal… 

… you are already enough. Just as you are. Is having a big, crazy, scary, holy wow goal sexy? Yes, it’s very sexy.But it doesn’t make you who you are at your core.Because at your core…

You are already strong.

Tenacious.
Courageous.
Tough.
Smart.
Funny.
Brilliant.
Sassy.
Gorgeous.
Amazing.
Powerful. 


Exactly as you are. 

Powerful, right?

This week’s email TOTALLY BUSTED was a slap on the ass and a yeehaw!

In reference to an article in O Magazine:

There are so many areas in my life where I have departed from my truth. I have offered a fake smile. (Or a dozen in the last week – ugh!). I have taken on client work I didn’t want. I have said yes to a goal, a finish line and a training cycle that didn’t feel good to me. I have allowed others to steal my joy, suck my energy or step on my feelings. (All while keeping my mouth shut!) 

Then I wondered, “What would it be like to do what’s true for us (me + you) in every situation?”

Who would we let go of? What would we shout, “Hell yes!” to? Where would we go? Who would we love? What would we STOP doing? What would we no longer allow? Would we train for that mega race? Change jobs? Get married? Ditch a bad habit?

I can’t answer any of these questions for you. But here’s what I decided for myself:

I’m spending the entire month of September doing an integrity cleanse. 

That means no more bull sh*t. No more keeping my wants, needs or thoughts to myself. No more fake smiles. No more friends on FB that trigger my crazy. No more work I don’t enjoy. (Well, within reason.) Only races and training cycles I want to take on. Only people I love and can’t wait to spend time with.(The list goes on, you catch my drift.)

Now here’s the cool part…

I’m inviting you to do the integrity cleanse with me.

Let’s spend the next 28 days [together] doing what’s true for us in ALL situations. Training, work, marriage, relationships, money,commitments…

… e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.

Because at the end of the day… is there really any other way to live?

I’m taking the challenge. Will you join me? Go to Brook’sFacebook page, like it (if you haven’t already reading my first paragraph about her) and post the hashtag #integritycleanse.Join her in this revolution of self!


Also, find your sole (shoe), soul (inner being) or sole (fish – no judgement here!) sisters and power onward. Life is too short for bullsh*t. 

No comments:

Post a Comment